Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Journey Frontman? F@%&ing Awesome!

by Matthew Jupin

Great news for Journey fans! The irrepressible eighties power ballad band will continue touring soon. Surprisingly, the current incarnation of the band (which has gone through a number of changes in the past two decades) discovered Filipino singer Arnel Pineda (formerly of cover band Zoo) by watching videos of him on Youtube, just like the one featured below. That's right. Journey has a new lead singer thanks to the internet. And this guy is good. It sounds like he has magical powers and stole Steve Perry's voicebox and swallowed it, only it sounds younger and fresher. You will not be disappointed. I wasn't. I first heard this story on HJY and could hardly believe it, so I had to check it out for myself and it was awesome. Just awesome. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt, you hit this right on the head. He sounds just like Steve Perry! I'm excited!