Friday, December 28, 2007

Contributor Profile: Christopher Reardon

Hi Readers! My name is Chris, and I'm the proud Editor- in-Cheif of the brand new blogazine NORMAL. I also believe I'm the inventor of the word "blogazine" but I'll get to that later.

I currently reside in New Bedford, Massachusetts and make my living as a Shift Supervisor for D'Angelo Grilled Sandwiches. This, no surprise, is not where I intend to spend the rest of my career. I'm partway through a Journalism-English degree, so eventually I plan on finishing that and becoming a full-time writer. It's not as easy as it sounds!

The idea for NORMAL came to me while reading the most recent issue of Details Magazine (the one with Kevin Federline on the cover - I know, I know...why?). I like Details because it is a men's magazine but it is not filled with pictures of naked women like others in the genre (Maxim, Playboy, etc.). It's not gay-themed, but it's gay-friendly, which I like. However, I was reading an article in said issue about cologne, which stated that we men need not spend more than $200 on a bottle in order to smell good. As you can imagine from my previously mentioned mode of employment, even Detail's idea of inexpensive cologne is far out of my reach. And I can imagine it would be for a lot of men in the world. I started thinking about why I was reading a style magazine which touted styles that, at least at this point in my life, I'll never be able to showcase. I like the format of Details, but the content is a bit inaccessible. Thus was NORMAL born. NORMAL is for every man. NORMAL is for me.

Because I don't exactly have the resources to publish a magazine, and because I have a good bit of experience in the blogging world, I decided to start NORMAL as a blog. However, despite it's multi-media capabilities NORMAL is a magazine at heart. Posts will mostly be in the form of articles or sidebars, with a few announcements in between. The only difference will be that you won't have to wait for the next issue to come out for some new content, as I eventually hope to have enough contributors (and time!) to publish daily. Things may be a bit slow-going at first but here's to fast growth!

I sincerely hope you enjoy the material found in NORMAL, as I'll be putting in my every effort to make it both enjoyable and informational. If you have any questions or comments, please do participate in the blog or email me at NormalMagazine@gmail.com.

Take care, read well, and don't be afraid of NORMAL.

-Christopher Reardon
Check out my personal Myspace page!

No comments: